Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Meet the Singers 2013: Yujoong Kim


Yujoong in Rigoletto.

Yujoong Kim

Voice Type: Tenor
Age: 28
Home Town: Seoul, S.Korea

Aria choices for the Region Finals (subject to change):


Dies Bildnis ist bezaubernd schön - Die Zauberflöte - Mozart 
Lunge da lei - La Traviata - Verdi
Il mio tesoro - Don Giovanni - Mozart
Quanto è bella - L'Elisir d'Amore - Donizetti
Kuda, kuda - Eugene Onegin – Tchaikovsky


OI: How did you become an opera singer?

YK:  I think I am not yet an opera singer. I want to be a professional opera singer because opera includes every part of arts, such as acting, music and staging. I am so happy and excited when I am on the stage. 


OI: What is your favorite aria/opera/composer? 


YK:   All Bass arias / La Boheme / Mozart.


OI: How have you been preparing for the Region Finals? 

YK: I am getting coaching and voice lessons as much as possible, but nothing special. I should be ready to sing anytime, anywhere; that is the destiny of a person who wants to be a professional opera singer.