Thursday, January 17, 2013

Meet the Singers 2013: Lilla Heinrich Szász

Lilla Heinrich Szász

Voice Type: Soprano
Age: 24
Home Town: Princeton, NJ
 www.lillaheinrichszasz.com

Aria choices for the Region Finals (subject to change):



Oh quante volte - I Capuleti ed i Montecchi - Bellini
Son vergin vezzosa - I Puritani - Bellini
The Gavotte - Manon - Massenet
Piangerò la sorte mia - Giulio Cesare - Handel
Deh vieni, non tardar - Le Nozze di Figaro – Mozart





OI: How did you become an opera singer?

Lilla as Susanna in Mozart's "Le nozze di Figaro"
LHS:  Music has always been with me throughout my life. When I look back at our home-videos, I'm surprised to see that I'm always singing, whether it be with family, friends, at home, within my Hungarian community, school chorus and ensembles, or literary and multicultural events. I am so grateful that my grandmother and mother have taught me the most beautiful Hungarian folksongs and Kodály adaptations, and for that I cannot thank them enough. 
When I saw my first opera I was in complete awe and wanted so badly to get up on stage and join those opera singers. I thought, "I could definitely see myself doing this for a living and loving every minute of it!" I never turned back since.


OI: What is your favorite aria/opera/composer? 


LHS:   I absolutely love all the bel canto composers, as well as Mozart. 
"O Lola c'hai di latti la cammisa" from Mascagni's "Cavalleria Rusticana" is one of my favorite arias, along with those in Verdi's "Il trovatore". 


OI: How have you been preparing for the Region Finals? 

LHS: Besides practicing, resting and working out, I've been juicing lots of hearty greens and veggies. Recently I've also bought a new humidifier to help keep my chords healthy.