Sunday, January 20, 2013

Meet the Singers 2013: Karen Vuong


Karen Vuong

Voice Type: Soprano
Age: 28
Home Town: Northridge, CA


Aria choices for the Region Finals (subject to change):


Quando m’en vo – La Bohème - Puccini
Come scoglio- Così fan tutte - Mozart
Embroidery Aria – Peter Grimes – Britten
Nun eilt herbei – The Merry Wives of Windsor - Nicolai
Da tempeste il legno infranto– Giulio Cesare - Handel





OI: How did you become an opera singer?

KV:  My music teachers in high school (Hamilton Music Academy) called a meeting with my parents to talk about applying for music schools.  It was between veterinary school or music school.  I chose music.


OI: What is your favorite aria/opera/composer? 

KV:   My favorite opera is whatever opera I am in!  And if that opera happens to be by Mozart, even better!
 

OI: How have you been preparing for the Region Finals? 

KV: Coaching, lessons, eating well, and sleeping well!