Monday, January 14, 2013

Meet the Singers 2013: Felicia Moore

Felicia as the Mother in Nevada Opera's
production of Amahl and the Night Visitors

Felicia Moore

Voice Type: Soprano
Age: 24
Home Town: Princeton, NJ


Aria choices for the Region Finals (subject to change):


Einsam in trüben Tagen - Lohengrin - Richard Wagner
Il est doux, il est bon - Hérodiade - Massenet
Come in quest'ora bruna - Simon Boccanegra - Verdi
Non più di fiori - La Clemenza di Tito - Mozart
Do not utter a word - Vanessa - Barber







OI: How did you become an opera singer?

FM:  I had sung in choirs all throughout school, and I was given my first solo as a sophomore in high school. I couldn't believe the rush I felt! Singing in choirs was always amazing, but this was exciting on a whole different level. As I got older I realized my voice really fit opera and I fell in love. There's nothing else like it! 


OI: What is your favorite aria/opera/composer? 


FM:  Aria: "Tu che le vanità" from Verdi's Don Carlo
Opera: Le Nozze di Figaro, Un Ballo in Maschera, Lohengrin. I couldn't narrow it down to just one! 
Composer: Mozart. I always come back to his operas and find something new.


OI: How have you been preparing for the Region Finals? 

FM: I've been doing a lot of exciting work since districts! Audition season ended a little while ago, and by the end of all the auditions it was easy to forget the extreme situations in which these characters are living in. I've been spending a lot of time looking over the music and rediscovering why these characters need to sing. And, of course-- a lot of rest!